Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Eve/Day

We had tornado watches all day here and if you know Aaron you know that means we're glued to the television flipping channels every 2 minutes to see if another station has a more up-to-date report.  Our shelter (the linen closet) is cleared out, warmly awaiting the three of us with bicycle helmets, pillows, bottled water, and flashlights...We don't take these things lightly. Meanwhile, Atticus played contently with his "fridge farm" that we got him for Christmas and he never knew the weather might get bad...Luckily it didn't.

I am on our church design team and so I've been working with a few other ladies on a redesign project for the nursery and preschool hallways.  I don't consider myself an artist AT ALL, but this has been a very rewarding experience, and I honestly don't think I'm doing half bad :)  We have great worship music playing while we paint and it has been a wonderful stress reliever.  My friend Heather conceived of the idea for the walls (she is amazingly talented!!) and after she shared her original canvas with us it all just came together.  We still have lots left to do, but here are a few pictures of the work in progress.
Do you remember the Madeline books??  That's kind of the same concept we're following with this project.
We had a lovely dinner on New Years Eve with David, Dee Dee, and Mason.  Mason is their grandson and one of Atticus' good buddies.  They had a lot of fun playing together at dinner and since Atticus is several months older, he was sure to show Mason how to be a big boy and eat with a fork (something we have in no way mastered ourselves, but are working on it...).
Speaking of food...Atticus had spaghetti for the first time over the weekend...It took him a little bit to get used to the texture of the noodles, but as you can see, he got over it quick and cleared his tray!
It's GAMEDAY!!!  Our favorite Florida State Seminoles beat the South Caroline Gamecocks in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl Game over the weekend and that made us very happy!! Way to go NOLES!!

**I can't explain how sad I am that this picture came out blurry because I think it is so sweet**

New Years Day... I'm not a fan of black eyed peas and cabbage.  I know it's the traditional NYD meal, but we thought we'd make our own tradition and so instead of black eyed peas I made Shrimp and Grits!!!

I've posted the recipe on my Recipe Blog which you can read more of here.  It was super easy and very delicious - it's definitely a keeper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment