Friends are so important. Whether you're the type of person who likes to have lots of friends or the type that just needs one or two really close friends, I think the Lord places friends in our lives for a reason. When we moved here four years ago I didn't know a single person and I couldn't stand the thought of having to make new friends. It's a very vulnerable position to be in. I was so established back in Nashville and had such a strong group of girlfriends there that I didn't want to think about starting from the ground up making new friends in a new place (that quite frankly I wasn't too thrilled about being in)...
Well...I'm not one to sit at home. Anyone that knows me knows that I like to get out and do things (and not just go to Target...). I enjoy getting involved at church or in the community, and that's where I tend to find new friends. One of the first people I met when I got involved in Junior Auxiliary was my sweet friend Laura. She and I started the same year and went through all the newbie stuff together (kind of reminded me of my DZT days, except we weren't scrubbing bathtubs with a toothbrush or eating raw garlic...). She and I just clicked, and even more so when we found out we were pregnant at the same time - with the same due date!She's been a real friend to me and I am so thankful that the Lord brought us together. We spent 9 months together picking out nursery items, taking breastfeeding classes, exchanging maternity clothes, and now our little 15 month old angels have so much fun together it just blesses my heart. As thankful as I am for Laura, I am even more thankful that Atticus has such a good friend as Grace. I never knew babies could interact so much, communicate with one another, and just flat out have a good time while being so little. When A and G are together it brings a smile to my heart.
This was the first date we took A and G on together... can't you tell how well they hit it off??And now look at these two babies!! All grown up, hugging each other (in their maitching NBshoes).
These two have so much fun playing together...Today the weather was really nice outside, not too cold in the sunshine. Here they are playing "house"...Grace was cooking in the kitchen and Atticus was working in the yard - seems they have very defined gender roles in their relationship.
Oh wait, time to switch -Atticus is cooking now...
Playing a little game of tag - you're it!!!
The mighty hunter-gatherer...of leaves!
I'm truly blessed that I have Laura in my life and Atticus has Grace. I know we'll always be friends no matter where we go from here...
And just for fun, check out Atticus playing his toy drum :)










No comments:
Post a Comment