Laura and I (and lots of other friends we know) have recently become addicted to coupons. It makes us sound so old....but everyone loves to find a great deal and let's be honest, who's going to turn down saving a few dollars. It always feels good to look at the bottom of your receipt and read "you saved $57!" or even "$5"... For instance, yesterday when I was at Target, I bought two packs of diapers (I had a $2 off coupon for each one, plus when I bought two boxes I got a $5 gift card for Target - so I just used it towards the rest of my groceries!).
(Apparently Atticus was shoving his toy hammer into Grace's mouth...or maybe he was just trying to help her get it out...yeah, I'll go with the latter of the two :-)
I remember when I was younger, much younger, my mom used to cut coupons and when it came time to check out at the grocery store, she would ask the clerk for her total BEFORE she gave him the coupons, then she would write her check for that amount, and then give the him the coupons to subtract and get the difference back in cash. When she got home, she had a special "coupon jar" that she put that cash in and saved it to use for a rainy day... Cool idea, huh? She's a pretty smart lady!
See...even Atticus likes to find good deals! He's such a great helper!! Check out this video of Atticus telling me all about the weekly specials at Walgreens (this is on my phone, so it's a little choppy).
Here are a few sites that I frequent on a weekly basis...you should check them out, especially if you buy organic. I try to buy organic for as much of the dairy that we eat (eggs, cheese, milk, yogurt, etc...) I think it tastes sooo much better!
http://www.coupons.target.com/
http://stoneyfield.com/ (I buy their organic yogurt)
http://www.organicdeals.com/
http://organiconadime.blogspot.com/
http://www.coupons.com/
http://gooddealgal.blogspot.com/
Do you have any awesome coupon tips that you can share? Please leave a comment by clicking on "comments" below so other readers can start saving too!




Vanessa, I went to Jenny's coupon class, and it was REALLY good. She uses the site Southernsavors.com, and it does so much of the work for you. Check it out! I'm still a newbie to this couponing stuff, but I'm already becoming addicted. :)
ReplyDeleteI started doing this about 6 weeks ago and it's crazy how much money I've saved. I use southernsavers.com too. She's awesome and does all the research and matches everything up for you. It gets a little addicting...
ReplyDelete