Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was pretty relaxed, nothing major on the agenda...  Friday night we went to cheer on our Hendrix Warriors basketball team.  Atticus loves going to the games, he is constantly pointing at the ball and saying "ball".  It's a great outlet for him to run around, make lots of noise, and not upset anyone around him :)  Unlike going out to eat...
On Saturday we really just hung around the house since it was bitter cold outside.  I organized my cookbooks alphabetically...silly I know, but I like them that way.  Then, it was nap time for EVERYONE, including mom and dad.  
We had Aaron's colleague John over for dinner (his wife Jody was out of town or she would have joined us).  I made Beef Stroganoff and PW's Blackberry Cobbler. 
Love both these recipes, both easy and delish!  You can check them out here.

Sunday we went to church, Aaron played drums and it was amazing of course.  He is soooo awesome on the drums.  I love it when he plays!! As we were leaving church several people commented about how great he was, and how they love watching him play - it's quite an experience...  Also, this is funny...a lady stopped me as we were walking out and asked while pointing to Atticus and Aaron - "is this your son?"  YES, it is, I responded.  She said "sweetie you don't look a day over 19" - I wanted to kiss her!!!  Aaron chuckled.

So, just for fun...here is a picture of me and my rommie Jessica when I really was 19 (I know, I'm ghostly white...).  She and I are still the best of friends after all these years!  Love her!
Atticus is no longer in the nursery at church, he goes in the "big-boy" room with all the other kiddos his age.  It doesn't seem possible for him to be that old yet!!  Where is the time going?  I stayed around for a few minutes and snapped a few pictures (I know, he's going to hate me on the first day of kindergarten...oh well, get used to it kid). 
He was having fun talking and playing with the rest of the kids.  He does very well when I leave him (fingers crossed) but there are some kids that go kicking and screaming and I just feel blessed that we aren't dealing with that.  Check him out with a few of his buddies Crosby and Solomon. 
He looked so big sitting there listening to the bible story! Isn't he the most beautiful thing you've ever seen??OMG, I'll stop before I start crying!!!
 Can't you just see the wheels inside that brain turning...he's going to be a "thinker" like his daddy for sure!
Another basketball game this afternoon - we only stayed for the girls game because we had to get home for nap time. 
But we had lots of fun collecting leaves on our way to and from the game. 
This child LOVES leaves!!!!
Dinner tonight was a variation on a BLT.  We used turkey bacon, spinach, and tomatoes - they were very yummy on toasted sourdough.  Havent' had these in a long time and thought they sounded good but didn't want all the calories in regular bacon, plus I had some extra spinach left over from all the "juicing" I've been doing for Atticus.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!!!

1 comment: