Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Love at first bite...

Please let me introduce you to the JAZZ APPLE...
With it's bright red round shape and subtle yellow under striping, this tart yet sweet, dense and very crunchy fruit will knock your socks off with it's effervescent texture!
Crunch!
I was first introduced to the Jazz Apple when I was in Memphis for our St. Jude Marathon weekend.  They were handing out samples in the expo center...I was hesitant to even take a sample because I know my history with apples - it usually involves spitting it out (gross, I know).  
Let me explain....I am VERY particular about apples.  I've honestly never been a huge fan...I mean, I know the whole adage, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", but I couldn't ever get on board because there wasn't an apple that I actually enjoyed eating.  They were either too mushy, too sweet, too mealy or the skin was too thick.  Until now...and I'm proud to admit that I've become an apple snob.

So...what is a Jazz Apple?
It's the marriage of the Royal Gala to the Braeburn. Add the Braeburn’s lively zip to the Royal Gala’s sassy sweetness and what do you get? All that Jazz!!!!
To get the maximum health benefit from apples, nutritionists recommend eating at least one apple a day. But if you're looking to shed a few pounds, a simple diet suggests eating three apples a day, or one before each meal. By using the 3-Apple-A-Day plan, people lose an average of 20 lbs in 12 weeks.
I'm thinking I might give this a try...I mean, I do LOVE these apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment