Saturday, January 29, 2011

16 Months

Atticus...you are 16 months today!  Let's see what you've been up to lately.

You weigh 23 pounds

You wear a size 4 diaper

You wear 12-18 month clothes

You wear a size 4-5 shoe, depends on the brand

This was you one year ago (4 months old).  I barely remember you being this small (I loved that little elephant sleeper).
Look how much you've changed in just one short year! It makes me wonder what you will be like a year from today.

Or two years.

Or 10 years.
You are CONSTANTLY on the move.

You can open and shut all the doors which keeps me always right behind you.

You love to rummage through the bathroom drawers in your bathroom and you especically like to unroll the toilet paper!!

You love to get out the pots and pans in the kitchen and make a ton of noise.
You love to eat blueberry waffles and oatmeal with fruit for breakfast.

Your favorite thing to eat is probably deli turkey, sweet potatoes, veggie burgers, and any kind of fruit. 

You aren't crazy about macaroni and cheese but you love spaghetti!

You are very interested in trying to feed yourself.  You hold a spoon while you eat and occasionally something from the spoon makes it into your mouth.
You love to play outside and run around in the grass.  This has been hard the last few months since the weather has been so cold - but the sun has shone it's face a few days this week so we played outside and burned lots of energy and collected lots of leaves!!!
You love bath time and would stay in there for hours if I'd let you...You like to pour water in and out of cups and you especially like to brush your teeth while you're in the tub. 

You have lots of favorite toys, including this jack-in-the-box!  I'm not sure if you were trying to use your foot to help you close the top or if you were pressing the top so hard that it made your foot raise off the ground...either way, you love this thing!
You do great at church.  You've graduated from the nusery to the big-boy class and I cried when I left you there the first day.  You went right in and started playing with all the toys and the other kiddos.  I went back mid-service to take a peak at you and you were sitting at the table having a snack listening to a bible story...I cried again!
You finally have hair that covers your entire head!  It's still hard to tell what color it is because indoors it looks light brown or dark blonde, but outside it looks really blonde - lots of gold tones in it...
You know your body parts - ears, head, hair, eyes, mouth, nose, feet, and belly. 

You know several animal sounds - lion, dog, duck, and cow (we're working on frog...ribbit).

You amaze me at how much you know!!  When we ask you to do someting, you do it.

When I ask you to go get a specific toy, you go get that exact one.

You have lots of words, but I think the most identifiable one is "ball".  You LOVE to play ball!

You are the smartest little boy I know!
Sometimes when you want something badly you have this little face that shows up...

How am I supposed to say 'no' to this?
Your best friend is Gracie - you love playing together and have so much fun when you get to see her.  Watching the two of you interact with each other brings a smile to my face!
Atticus, you are loved by SO many people!!

You bring joy and sunshine to our lives everyday and I'm proud of the little man you are becomming!

Happy 16 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment