Aaron is out playing basketball and Atticus is snoozing...I'm enjoying the quiet (and a cup of holiday blend) and thinking about how blessed we are. This year has come and gone and it really is amazing how fast it went by. People always say "time flies" but come on...does it have to go by this fast?? It was gone in a flash! I'm not sure how I feel about that.
We had Atticus' follow up visit with his pediatrician this week. I felt much better having him take a look at him, not that there was a problem with the ER doctor, but it's nice to have the same physician see him that sees him on a regular basis. He said everything looked good - including his ears - and that he couldn't say for sure if Atticus had indeed had a seizure or if it was something else...we may never know - praying we don't ever have it happen again.
Little man is feeling MUCH better and acting like his sweet self again. We've still been laying low the past few days until he's done with his antibiotics. We've been having all sorts of fun finding new ways to play with our toys...He came up with this one on his own!
We did head out a few times just so we didn't go too stir crazy - Here's what fun we got into...
Yes, this is a replica of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story - I thought for a minute this thing might try to come home with us, but thankfully Aaron came to his senses!!!

We did head out a few times just so we didn't go too stir crazy - Here's what fun we got into...
Yes, this is a replica of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story - I thought for a minute this thing might try to come home with us, but thankfully Aaron came to his senses!!!
Atticus loves trains or anything with wheels for that matter. I foresee a train table in our future, just not sure where it will go quite yet...In the mean time, he can play with the one at the bookstore :)
I had to run into Old Navy to make an exchange and every time we walk in he goes straight for the mannequin dog...he starts barking at it saying "woof woof", it's really quite funny except when I tell him we have to go and then gets this sad look on his face.
Atticus has eight teeth (four on top and four on the bottom) and has his lower molars coming in right now - not so fun! We've upgrading to a big-boy toothbrush - he loves it and "brushes" his own teeth, well, sort of...
Here's a video of Atticus and his toothbrush - pretty cute stuff.
And now that we have so many teeth we are experimenting with some new foods... Here is Atticus enjoying a grilled cheese sandwich for the first time. I'm still really cautious so I cut it up into very small pieces and he LOVED it (but who doesn't love a good grilled cheese, right?)!! He's also having a side of carrots and parsnips - yum!

Hoping you feel as blessed as we do! I am so excited to see what 2011 has in store!
For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the LORD,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11






No comments:
Post a Comment