Several days over the past couple of weeks Atticus has not shown an interest in taking his morning nap. He typically sleeps for about an hour or so in the mornings, which is when I shower and get myself ready for the day...
On the days when he doesn't nap in the morning, I've been putting him down for a nap after lunchtime and he sleeps for about three hours. He's done well so far, no major meltdowns and no extra early bedtimes because he can't stay awake, so that's a plus.
Is he really ready to drop that morning nap? How will I get ready for the day - certainly can't do it while he's awake... Looks like this momma is getting ready to head into uncharted territory! Any advice from experienced moms on how you and your kiddos did dropping their morning nap...??
He's growing up way too fast for me to realize and he is learning something new everyday. I am constantly amazed by how smart he is and all the things he knows. A few of his new "tricks" of late are that he can show you where his feet, mouth, hair, belly, and nose are when you ask him. He loves to play peek-a-boo, give high-fives, and play patty-cake. I love this little boy sooooo much!
THE "END"...ha!




It sounds like he is ready to drop the nap. What I found with mine was that wasn't all or nothing. There was a transition period. Some days they did the morning nap, other days just one nap. Eventually it dropped all together. As far as getting ready I've done it with three small kids! It gets a little crazy but you just make it work. I do remember strapping small ones in a stroller with a snack in front of the tv so they couldn't get in to anything while I showered, lol!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
-Kelly
Yep, time to start employing Sesame Street. Ben dropped his morning night REALLY early, but when Claire dropped hers - right around Atticus' age, we would let her watch a show while eating a small snack. You learn to take a shower quickly!
ReplyDelete