Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I'm really glad that I took time to be thankful for the things God has blessed me with - big and small.  It was a good experience to write them down.
 We had a very nice Thanksgiving.  Evan came up for a few days - he was such a help to me in the kitchen and we made a mean turkey together!!  It was great to hang out with him, I love his sense of humor and he makes me laugh.
 The turkey was amazing...so moist!  I'm assuming that's because we put it in a brine over night (this was a first for me)...it made such a difference!
 We made mashed potatoes and gravy, carrot souffle', rice casserole, stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce, broccoli, and my personal favorite roasted brussel sprouts and asparagus with a balsamic glaze - OMG!

Atticus thought it was ALL finger-lickin' good...his favorite was the carrot souffle' for sure!! (and yes, his hair was totally out of control at the moment, I know).
 
 The weather was perfect!  We roasted marshmallows in the back yard and made S'mores - Atticus loved them...but come on, who doesn't love an ooey gooey marshmallow with melted chocolate??
 I'm also really thankful for our neighbors.  We've really enjoyed getting to know them. They came over and joined in the S'mores fun and then had us over for pumpkin pie and coffee...yes, more sugar!  We're blessed to have such great neighbors/friends!
 I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!!!  We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment