Friday, November 4, 2011

24 Days of Thanks - Day 4

Today I am thankful that I finally live close to my best friends from college.  It was hard to move away from them after graduation, and then even harder once we all got married and I kept moving even farther away.  So today I am thankful for Jessica, Kerri, and Jenny...and I'm bustin' out the old photos!!

Jessica has one of the sweetest spirits I know.  She is special in so many ways and I know I can always go to her if I need prayer for something and she'll stop what she's doing and pray.  We love to shop together and make a great team hitting the sale racks! 
Kerri makes me laugh and comes up with the craziest things, like saying she's "full as a tick" when she's eaten too much...where does she come up with these things...???  She has a beautiful voice and uses it to bring glory to God.  Love you Reba!
Jenny is such a nurturer.  Showing love just comes natural to her. She amazes me with her ability to set goals and achieve them.  One of my favorite memories of Jenny is her coming into my room in the middle of the night to wake me up because it was snowing outside...and being the Florida girl that I am had never seen snow before!

My college experience would not have been the same without these girls - it's been really neat to see the transformation we've made since then - we've grown into wives and mothers, but still remain the best of friends.  No matter how far I lived from them I still felt as close as ever...and now that I am closer than ever I count it a real blessing!!   Looking forward to watching our kids grow up together too!

No comments:

Post a Comment