I've just started reading "The Wisdom of Stability - Rooting Faith in a Mobile Culture" by Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove. Just in the first early chapters I've already been motivated, convicted, encouraged and challenged. We have become such a fast pace people with blackberries, facebook and twitter, that we can easily forget that God might be calling us to become rooted...to 'stay-put'. The book does a great job of reminding us how to truly engage with the people you are with, how to slow down and participate in simpler rhythms, and how to cultivate stability by rooting yourself more deliberately in the place where you are.
So today I am thankful for days where I have no pressure to go anywhere or do anything. A day to stay home and recharge and relax. A day to 'stay-put' and root myself in my family, my home, and my relationship with Him. I'm so glad the Lord gives us these rest stops just when we need them!! And of course, I continue to be thankful for this little guy!


No comments:
Post a Comment