By the time I get around to writing Weekend Wrap Up posts, it's a good thing I've taken pictures, because I usually, for the life of me, can't remember what we did! Haha....I think I'm suffering from short term memory loss...can that happen at 35? Hopefully it just goes along with being the mom of a VERY active three year old and my memory will return to me as he gets older.
My friend Sarah gave Atticus this Superman costume....and I kid you not
he wore it from sun up until sun down every day this weekend (only while
we were at home, of course!). He absolutely loves it and I love that
he loves it! He and Aaron pitched a tent in the living this weekend and
had fun playing games, reading books and watching movies in it.
Aaron had a meeting in Ashville on Friday night so Atticus and I tagged along... I always enjoy Ashville, there are SO many delicious VEGAN food options in that city! I could totally eat every meal for the rest of my life there and probably not eat the same thing twice. We ate dinner at The Laughing Seed Cafe and I had the Asian Fusion Udon Noodle Salad - OMG! I am going to try and replicate this recipe at home soon....we'll see how I do, but if I royally mess it up I know where to get the original :)
After dinner we shopped downtown, sipped on coffee, listened to live music. We picked up a few things for Atticus and his new baby cousin on the way and had a lovely time in the "hippie city". I asked a lady if she wouldn't mind to take our picture as a family (rare that I get one of all of us)...she obliged and I think we got a fairly decent picture...
Then she said...ok, now do something funny....we were a little taken off guard, so this is what we got :) It's funny alright!
There is an amazing chocolate shop in downtown Ashville called The Chocolate Fetish....They are known for their ecstasy truffles - I got one called' Sweet Tea' and it was dark chocolate filled with a black tea and cardamom mousse....it was ahhhhh-mazing! Aaron and Atticus shared a Rocky Road Chocolate Round...it was almost as big as little mans face! Before I snapped the picture Atticus was smiling with a mouthful of chocolate....be glad I asked him to smile with his mouth closed!
Saturday was full of alot of random things....We had a birthday party to attend for one of Atticus' sweet friends, Londyn. Atticus calls her "little Londyn" because she's younger than him...she turned two. Her party was at a local jump house. Not sure what the crossed arms were about, at least they're smiling!
I was a little worried Atticus would be attached to my leg the whole time since he normally doesn't like those places, but thank goodness his buddy Percy was there for him to go on all the slides with - Percy was a great encourager!!
So.... Pampered Chef's new fall catalog comes out September 1st and I just got all the new products in the mail this week (I love working for a company that GIVES us the new products when they come out!!). Anyways, one of the new pieces in our fall line-up are these bamboo drawer dividers....thought I'd give them a try on a stormy Saturday afternoon.
So here is my BEFORE picture of my utensil drawer.....don't judge.
And here is my AFTER picture...pretty cool huh???? They are adjustable and can fit front to back or left to right.... love these little things! Who needs a set?
Ever heard of Green Matcha Tea? It's my new drink obsession. You can get them at Starbucks, but why pay $4 when you can make it just as good at home!!!! Check out my Snapguide on how to make one yourself - Click here. Every heard of Snapguide? It's a really cool site (and app) where you can explore all sorts of "how to's" - everything from How to Clean a Toilet to How to Paint a Sunset to How to Make a Green Matcha Latte!










No comments:
Post a Comment