Today the air was cool, the sun was shining, the leaves were blowing and I woke up with apple pie on my mind.... I made the suggestion to my dear sweet husband that we head north and go apple picking.
Crazy? Maybe....
Delicious? Yes....
Decision? A pickin' we will go!!!
Crazy? Maybe....
Delicious? Yes....
Decision? A pickin' we will go!!!
We thought it might be too early in the season but we were right on time for the variety we prefer... Any guesses? Atticus with his first picks of the season He learned very quickly the proper way to pick an apple and the rest is history! Admiring his harvest!
Filling the bags!
Aaron helped Atticus reach the apples at the top of the trees!
Absolutely beautiful day in the mountains.
I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way!
I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way!
A few funny poses to remember our time at Grandad's Apples!!!
As you can see, Atticus was pulling on my shirt...the photographer didn't bother to tell me that I should readjust before the picture was taken....so I apologize for the 18+ picture...but it's one of the few I have of me and the boy!
After we picked apples we relaxed on the front porch of the orchard and rocked in the sweet gentle breeze while Atticus enjoyed a warm apple fritter and an apple cider slushy... he earned it!
Atticus snapped this picture of us :)
Next we headed to grab some lunch at one of our favorite places near the orchard....It's a huge antique house that is a boutique, winery and bistro.
For lunch I had a spinach, artichoke and hummus wrap with a wild rice and cranberry salad (I've got to figure out that recipe because it was sooo delish)...Aaron had broccoli quiche and soup (who says men don't eat quiche?)...
After eating we walked around the boutique...they have everything from adorable children's clothes to Christmas decorations, local coffee to stuffed black bears!!!!
We made it back home with all our apples....Honey Crisp apples, in case you were wondering. They are my all time favorite and I'll admit I've kind of become a bit of an apple snob when it comes to eating apples...it's the only one I'll sink my teeth into!
And I couldn't resist this little face when he got out of the bathtub tonight....I mean, seriously? Watch out girls, he will steal your heart!















No comments:
Post a Comment