Friday, August 16, 2013

A Week in the Life - Day 5

Well, we made it to Friday!!!  Hooray!  Our day started with a delicious and juicy Florida orange and wheat toast with Nutella on it....what better way to round out the week!
It was a rainy morning but that didn't stop us from running out to take care of a few things....Armed with rain boots and our cool frog umbrella, we made a good dent in our birthday party preparations :)
We brought lunch to Aaron's office and had a picnic lunch together :)  Veggie subs from Publix for the adults and Atticus asked for broccoli and cheese soup....luckily it was on the soup bar at Publix today!  This kid loves soup!!!  I actually bought him a new thermos for his lunch box so I can send soup some days and  be certain that it stays warm. 
As Aaron has had books published I have taken each book cover and had it matted and framed....This is the collage on his office wall of his most recent four books....Not a great pic, but you get the idea.  Very proud of how hard he works!!!
Atticus fell asleep on the way home....
When we got home I brought him inside and he continued his nap on the floor surrounded by stuffed animals :)  Love him!
The Fed Ex man paid me a visit today....It's always like Christmas when he shows up :)  These are all the new Pampered Chef fall products that I earned for FREE! YAY!
Tonight when Aaron got home we grabbed a quick dinner out at one of our favorite spots, Chuy's Mexican Cantina!  After that we ran through Target so I could pick up a new shower curtain (forgot when I was there earlier today), then Atticus asked if we could go to ToysRUs...ahhhhhhh!  I have to say, Friday night at ToysRUs was not nearly as bad as I thought it might be the week before school starts.... He and Aaron had fun playing with all sorts of toys...
I found these two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles just hangin' out and they looked suspiciously like two guys I know....do you recognize them??
And....we made it out of ToysRUs with only a stuffed husky dog, that we appropriately named, Tacoma.  It's almost been 5 years since we lost Tacoma but he will always be a part of our family!
One more stop for the night....Barnes & Noble!  I sipped on my regular (decaf soy latte) and Aaron read a few books to Atticus - sweet moments!
Then as we were browsing the philosophy section, we ran across this book that Aaron highly suggested - good stuff!  Look familiar from the frames in his office pictured above???? :)
Great night with the fam - headed home and headed to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment