Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Week in the Life - Day 4

Atticus woke up around 7:30 this morning...he wakes up so happy and usually says, "Mommy, it's daytime!" to let us know he's awake and ready to get up.  We had smoothies for breakfast - strawberries, mango, and peaches - YUM!  Then we hit the gym....Today I took one of my favorite classes, Barre Pilates - it combines ballet and pilates and is always sure to give me a good workout - the kind that makes getting out of bed the next day really painful :)
After the gym we ran a few errands and then met Aaron at Furman to watch the football team practice.  Aaron is the Faculty Guest Coach for the football team and so he dos a lot with them on and off the field...Atticus thought it was SO great to see the players up close!
Then we headed home and I opened all the windows because we had a little cool front come through...it was sunny, breezy and 72 degrees!!!  I like letting the house "air-out" after being so closed up during the hot summer days - today was perfect for that!  We had lunch (asian cabbage salad with snap peas and almonds)....Then it was NAPTIME!!!
While Atticus napped I did some work on the computer - updating my business website, returning emails and such....I got all my things together for the Pampered Chef show that I had tonight.  September will be my 10 year anniversary with the company and I still love it like the day I started!!  And, in my almost 700 cooking shows, I've never done a show in an airplane hanger....until tonight! It was awesome - very cool!
 I may have acted a little star-struck when they told me they just flew Warren Buffet to Africa in the plane pictured above.... (Warren Buffet owns The Pampered Chef, among other things)...
This jet had just landed when we went out to the tarmac after the show - the pilot was one of the guests at my shows husband  so he let me take a tour!  As for the boys, they hung out tonight, had dinner at Mojo's and went to Home Depot - I think we all had a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment