Rise and Shine!!! We headed to the gym this morning and I did my normal run and lift routine. Our gym cracks me up because there is a group of older men (70+) that leisurely sip their coffee and talk about the way things used to be while peddling at a snails pace on the seated bikes...and oh, they wear matching hats that say "TR Mafia" - Ha! They always give me a good chuckle :)
Atticus takes a class at the gym on Wednesday mornings called Fit Kids. He LOVES it and says, "I gotta go do my exercises" when I drop him off. I tried to sneak in the back door today and snap a couple of action shots - they're not the greatest, but I was trying to be invisible...
After the gym we came home, did a wardrobe switch, packed lunches and headed to a local waterpark for a fun day with my friend Carson and her little boy Asa. Since I mentioned my hunt for a lunchbox earlier this week, I thought I better show you what I was working with here....This is the lunchbox - one side fits a sandwich (and lid that snaps to
keep it contained) and the other side has two compartments that I divide
up as I need to with silicone baking cups.
This was Atticus' lunch today: PB & Honey, Snap Pea Crisps, Freeze Dried Peas (yes, he eats them), and a dried fruit and nut mix. Atticus is a pretty good eater so I feel blessed that I can send him to school with some nutritious goodies, but after awhile I still feel like we get in a rut...What do your kids eat for lunch, I'd love to get some fresh ideas?!?!?
Then it just closes shut to form the cube (which I successfully found a lunchbox to accommodate :)
Tada!
We made it to the waterpark before all the bazillion of summer camp kids showed up so that was nice. We kind of had the place to ourselves for the first little bit... Here is a before and after picture of Atticus playing on the splash pad!
I'm pretty sure waterparks are Atticus' "happy place". He is all smiles all the time....well, except today when we road one of the big slides together and our tube got turned around backwards and then he couldn't see where we were going...he wasn't so crazy about that...and neither was I.
Atticus and Asa just hangin' while we took a lunch break! Cute kids!
YAY!!! When we got home this afternoon the photo book I ordered from Shutterfly was in the mail!! Atticus laid down for a looooong nap and I just looked through this book over and over again! It has all the pictures that my friend Amy took of us this summer when she was here for a visit....I think it turned out beautiful!!! I knew I couldn't print and frame all of the pictures so I thought this was a nice way to display them at home.
I had to wake Atticus up from his nap - I don't like to do that but otherwise bedtime would be midnight! He wore himself plumb out at the waterpark - when his head hit the pillow he was out! For dinner tonight I made Pad Thai with Veggies - so delish!
After dinner we played outside for a little ....Atticus showed us what a hill roller he is (I love how he doesn't actually put his head on the ground while he rolls.....)
Then we went for a walk in the neighborhood....
Aaron and Atticus BEFORE the walk.
Aaron and Atticus BEFORE the walk.
Aaron and Atticus AFTER the walk....
Atticus fell and scraped his knee so our walk was cut short and we headed back home to get him all taken care of....Of course it just so happens we were at the very back of our neighborhood so it was a long walk back for Aaron (Atticus didn't want to walk).
Atticus fell and scraped his knee so our walk was cut short and we headed back home to get him all taken care of....Of course it just so happens we were at the very back of our neighborhood so it was a long walk back for Aaron (Atticus didn't want to walk).
Time for bed...this daddy and momma are tired!
And Atticus is fine..it was just a little scrape :)












No comments:
Post a Comment