I'm excited to show you the Thanksgiving plate that I made this year to add to our pottery collection. It's amazing how different it looks from the time you paint it to when it comes out of the kiln all shiny and bright!!
This was the day we painted it...
And this is the finished product... Atticus' hand print are the feathers in the turkey, so sweet!
I also made an Advent Calendar out of paper mache. I'm sure it won't last forever, but it'll be fun to have around for a few years at least. Looking forward to filling it with candy and counting down the days until Christmas!
An up close few so you can see the fun polka dot design...
Yay for Christmas trees...and ornaments...I wanted to add some photos to our tree this year so I found these little wooden ornaments that you can decorate yourself and thought they would work perfect. They're not finished yet, but you get the idea :)
I also put up Atticus' Christmas tree this weekend in his room. This is his "storybook tree". Filled with all kinds of stuffed animals from some of his favorite stories such as Frog & Toad and The Hungry Caterpillar. And of course what could make a better tree topper than a Sock Monkey?!!? It also has some handmade ornaments on it that I made when I was a little girl.
I'm going to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put up our family tree and do the rest of my Christmas decorating. Still want to enjoy Thanksgiving and not let it get pushed aside for Christmas, especially since we're having Thanksgiving with Aaron's family at OUR house...did I mention that?










No comments:
Post a Comment