Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday with Aaron's family!  It was nice to have extra hands on deck to help out with Atticus, who by the way is EVERYWHERE!!!!  He is so fast and so hard to keep up with sometimes, but I love it!  

Here's a one year comparison from last Thanksgiving...We have so many reasons to be thankful - a healthy, energetic, brilliant and beautiful little boy is just one of them!!
~Thanksgiving 2009~
~Thanksgiving 2010~
Atticus enjoyed ham, turkey, green beans, and sweet potatoes for his Thanksgiving dinner.  I think he would eat sweet potatoes all day, every day, if I'd feed it to him. 
He loved playing with, and by playing I mean chasing, and by chasing I mean pulling the tails of the dogs that also came for Thanksgiving, Pepper and Guffman.  Luckily the dogs caught on pretty fast, and learned to steer clear of Atticus - they didn't much enjoy having their ears and tails pulled...but who does?
Here puppy, puppy....
Daniel cooked our Thanksgiving bird in the Big Green Egg...We followed Alton Brown's brine recipe and it was awesome - so moist and delicious. 
 After all that hard work preparing the turkey, Daniel and Guffman settled into the leather chair for nap.
I've never "brined" a turkey before, have you?  Who am I kidding, I've never cooked a turkey before!!  In the 9 years that Aaron and I have been married, we've only cooked a turkey ourselves once - the first year we were married and we it was just us so we only cooked a turkey breast on the smoker, does that even count??  I think I'll stick to being responsible for the "sides" at Thanksgiving, I like that job!
Everything turned out delicious - so much food, we ate on it for three days!  Needless to say, I'm done with turkey and ham for awhile :)
Merinda made Atticus this adorable hat while she was here - very talented that Auntie M!!  She also knitted him a pair of socks, he likes to sleep in them, they keep his feet warm at night :)
Aaron spent most of the week recouping from his surgery earlier in the week.  He had his second hernia repair in six months so he laid low and is just now starting to feel like himself again. I did however snap this sweet picture of my boys resting on the couch together.
Atticus always has a fun time playing and singing with his Grandpa and Grandma - he is blessed with wonderful grandparents that love him very much!
And what could be more fun then hanging out with Uncle Nathan?!?!  Not a thing!  Now if I could just get him to hand me over that iPhone we'd be set...
 I hope each of you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family and friends!!
Now it's time for Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment