Friday, January 15, 2010

Hope for Haiti

I think we’ve all been glued to the television watching the devastation in Haiti. It’s hard to even fathom what the people of Haiti are going through right now. Each time I put a clean diaper on Atticus, sit down to feed him, or lay him in his bed, I think about all the mothers in Haiti that have lost their children - sent them to school that morning and never saw them again. For the mothers that are still looking for their babies, not knowing where they will sleep or what they will eat. My heart is heavy for those mothers.

We are so blessed and I pray you realize that and that your hearts will be open to help those who have been destroyed by this earthquake.

 There are many ways you can donate - an easy way is to text "Haiti" to 90999 to give $10 to the Red Cross. It will be on your next phone bill. OR you can text "disaster" to 90999 to give $10 to Compassion's disaster relief program. They will be working directly with the local churches who know where these families live and will be providing immediate relief to them. You could also visit HERE to donate.

"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:17-18

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment