Well, what have we been up to the past few days... All the decorations are down, the family is gone, and things are beginning to return to normal. I always enjoy decorating my fireplace mantel with the different holidays. But when there isn't a predictable holiday that I'm dressing it up for I like to display various art pieces from around our house. Aaron has started collecting turned wood. We've gotten several pieces from artists at the Nillie Bipper Art Show and anytime we visit a new city we try to bring home a piece. Our collection is growing rapidly. I thought the fireplace would be a great venue to showcase the wood all in one spot.
We spent a quiet New Years Eve at home. We got potstickers from Fresh Market (yum!) and Aaron made buckeyes from scratch! I had every intention of staying up to watch the ball drop, as is our tradition, but after I put Atticus to sleep I fell asleep myself...oh well, it was worth it.

On New Year's Day we did a little shopping and found a few great bargains. Aaron got a new leather satchel that was regularly $108 but marked down to $11...WOW, we were excited!
We geared up for Bobby Bowden's last game as the FSU head coach, it was so sad! We were super pumped that our Noles won the Gator Bowl. I think my favorite was watching Bobby take the spear and throw it into the Seminole head on the field.



No comments:
Post a Comment