My morning started around 7:30 when Atticus woke up - He's started really talking in his crib when he wakes up in the morning, and if I take too long to go in and get him he starts saying "ma-ma" and it's sooo sweet to hear over the monitor :) For breakfast Atticus had strawberries and cream oatmeal. Since it is messy to eat he sat in his highchair and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while he ate. He did surprisingly well eating it with a spoon, I was proud of him!
We've got family coming in town later this week so I spent alot of today doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, mopping the floors, etc...Atticus was right there by my side with his best friend the broom ready to help.
We met Aaron for lunch today at his make-shift office, Atlanta Bread Company, until he can get into his real office on campus on August 1st. Atticus tried to give everyone that walked past him his pickle...ironically enough, he didn't get any takers.
![]()
Having a Publix 4 miles from my house is one of the top 5 things I love about living here...it may even be in the top 2... Publix is a grocery store that goes far beyond any store I know when it comes to cleanliness, customer service, and just plain friendliness. I think I have a special place in my heart for Publix because it was my first job when I was 16. I started out as a cashier, then worked in the floral department, and then moved to Customer Service. It was a great experience and I love this store!!!
![]()
When we drive into the Publix parking lot, Atticus starts saying "cookie, cookie" - he knows that if we go to the bakery they will give him a free cookie. It's become part of our Publix routine now. I usually try to go grocery shopping on Monday, but since yesterday was crazy, we went today and picked up a few items I needed for dinners this week. It's gonna be a yummy dinner week :) The other thing I love about this particular Publix is that when you walk out the front doors you see beautiful mountains!!
![]()
While Atticus napped I did some follow up from my Pampered Chef show last night (my host built her house to resemble a farm house - her decor was all sorts of antiques, it reminded me of my grandma's house a little, even down to the basket of blown eggs in the kitchen). I also folded more laundry and prepped a few things for dinner.
Tonight I made
Aromatic Noodles with Peanut Lime Sauce for dinner. It's a delicious Thai inspired recipe that is packed full of flavor and green veggies. Atticus enjoyed it too! Here is a before-and-after picture for fun...
After dinner I delivered a few Pampered Chef products to some of my neighbors that came to my "meet your neighbors" open house last week and then we headed up to Furman for "Movies by the Lake". It's crazy hot here so we didn't last too long, but it was fun to get out and let Atticus run around and expend some extra energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment