Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Week in the Life - Day Four

Atticus has had a little cough the past few nights when he lays down to go to sleep, but last night he coughed a lot during the night and into the morning, afternoon, and evening.  I wish I could just run him up to our pediatrician back in AR that we loved so much.  We're still in the process of choosing a doctor for him here, but looks like we might have to make that decision sooner rather than later.  If his cough persists through tomorrow I think we'll take him in...somewhere. 

We spent the morning at home getting ready for Auntie M and Uncle D's arrival this afternoon.  This is their first visit to our new house so we're super excited to see them.  When they got here Atticus was proud to show off his room and all his toys. 
Aaron, Merinda, and Daniel met one of her co-workers that spends the summers here - they went on a hike (luckily the weather is only in the low 90's today!).  I stayed home with Atticus since those plans fell within Atticus' nap time...except Atticus did NOT sleep!  So we went on our own hike in the yard and picked ripe tomatoes from the garden and harvested a little basil.

Tonight for dinner I made Ropa Vieja (a Cuban dish I love!!).  I served it with traditional black beans, yellow rice, and plantains - OMG, it was so tasty!  I will have to post the recipe later, no time right now...too sleepy!

After dinner we hung out at the house for a bit, enjoyed the cooler temps outside, and played a little football while Aaron watered the flowers.



 After dinner we headed over to Furman to show Merinda and Daniel the campus as well as catch a little of the bluegrass band that was playing at "Music by the Lake".  Since Atticus was functioning on barley 20 minutes of rest time today we didn't stay out too long....

For those who read this, we'd appreciate your prayers that Atticus would get a good nights sleep and that he wakes up feeling better in the morning, rested and ready to play!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment