Atticus slept until 8 o'clock this morning - that's a beautiful thing! While he was still sleeping I enjoyed a breakfast of champions...Diet Dr. Pepper and cinnamon raisin toast...and skimmed through the paper for any particularly great deals that I might not want to pass up this week.
Later this morning we met my new friend Nicole and her kids Maya and Isaac at our local library for Music Jamboree. Atticus loves music, and let's face it, the kid's got some rhythm! Nicole's husband teaches percussion in the music department at Furman, and even cooler than that, he did his Ph.D. at FSU...Yay, another Seminole fan!!!! Maya is three and Isaac is 16 months. (below: Atticus and Isaac tearing up the drums - their dads would be proud!).
I'm reminding myself now that I said I'd be honest...So, when Music Jamboree was over Atticus had a full blown melt down in front of everyone and to tell you the truth, I was a little embarrassed. His arms were flailing, which hit me in the face, he showed off his new high-pitch banshee scream, and poor Isaac was looking at him like he was a crazy person...well, for a brief moment I was too! We quickly gathered our things and made a not-so-quiet exit from the library. After we got back to our car and had some time to cool off, he chilled out and I had my sweet child back. I have a feeling the "terrible twos" are creeping in on us though. My MIL says you have to call them the "terrific twos" or you'll never make it through them...haha, probably so.
We ran to TJMaxx to return a bathing suit I bought for Atticus (it was on the sale rack, I was hoping it would fit him next summer), but when we got it home and off the hanger we realized it was going to be way too small for next year....oh well. I was trying to save a few dollars and buy it while it was on clearance...I'll keep looking.
Then we went to CVS (I usually don't shop there, my drugstore of choice is Walgreens....For some reason the carpeted floors in CVS freak me out, strange, I know, but it just doesn't seem right, or clean)...BUT, when you find a good deal you'll go anywhere :) While browsing the newspaper this morning I saw that they had Pampers on super sale, plus I had three coupons my mom had sent me, so we stocked up!!!
Lunch time back at the ranch! Atticus enjoyed Boar's Head Honey Maple Turkey, applesauce, some fresh cherries, and a few dried veggie crisps (his favorites are the green beans and the carrots). I had left over squash casserole and it was just as good the day after!
Chore time! I put Atticus to work after lunch so he could get off the naughty list...Haha, just kidding. For some reason he just has a slight obsession with the broom...more power to him. Hope he still feels that way in a few years when I really can put him to work :)
Ok, I'm exhausted and it's only Monday...night-night!
No comments:
Post a Comment