Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Week in the Life - Day Three

Happy Hump Day!  Today was the first day I have set my alarm in a really long time - don't miss that sound one bit!  Atticus and I met up with Jessica and Chase to go to the famous Pickens Flea Market!!!  Wow, what an experience!   On our way out of town we grabbed a Starbucks to go and the boys watched Tom & Jerry on the DVD player in car. 
Evidently this flea market is THE flea market to go... They had some really cool stuff.  I got M.A.C. eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss for almost nothing!!!!  Don't get me wrong, it was full of junk too, but it also had all sorts of grocery items, fresh produce (I got some local peaches), live animals (didn't bring home any animals!), toys and clothes. 

Atticus was a trooper, he chilled in the stroller for most of the time, playing with his matchbox cars we picked up there, and we also shared a delicious fresh squeezed lemonade!  yum!  I'm pretty sure this won't be my last trip, but I'm thinking once the temperatures drop below 99 it might be more enjoyable!  On the way home we stopped at McDonald's and the boys had chicken nuggets - Atticus ate all four, he was a hungry boy!

Nap time today included a nap for me too!  I was wiped out after such an early morning :)  Unfortunately my nap didn't last very long, the phone rang and it was my host from Monday night with some outside orders to give me (that's a good reason to wake up I guess).
This afternoon we played outside in the pool - it was definitely a scorcher but Atticus was kind enough to spray me with the hose every now and then so it made it bearable. Don't worry Nana and Grandma, Atticus had on lots of sunscreen (and a hat, and sunglasses, and a sun shirt with 50 SPF built in).

I bought some Mega Blocks today at the flea market to add to Atticus' collection...he had some that came with the starter kit, but when I saw this huge tub of them for only $5 I had to snag them.  I washed them when we got home - there were so many I had to wash them in the bathtub :)  When we came in from the pool we played with the blocks and Atticus had fun building and knocking them down.  Check out his awesome building skills!


Tonight for dinner I made Chicken Piccata...one of my favorites, but not something I make on a regular basis. I actually don't think I've made it in years.  It's an easy easy recipe and if you like fresh dill and lemon then you'll love this one!!  Atticus had some of the chicken and pasta as well as some strawberry yogurt and fresh peaches from the market today.
Aaron has been playing basketball three times a week with a group of fellow Furman faculty and he is loving the camaraderie as well as the cardio exercise.  He's been saying he needed some new bball shoes for awhile now, so we headed out tonight after dinner to find him a new pair.  He found exactly what he wanted and we had a little family fun while we were at the sports store...

"Put me in coach!  Put me in!"

Ok, so I think the helmet might have been a tad much - he started tipping over :)

I made Aaron take it off quickly because all of a sudden I looked at Atticus and I saw a 7 year old getting ready to play little league and I think my heart stopped for a minute!!  Before we went back to the house we ran through Trader Joes (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!) and picked up a few things - Atticus even bought me some flowers :)

One of my favorite times of the day is right after Atticus has a bath and he's all clean and fresh - smells so good!  He usually runs out of the bathroom naked and streaks through the house and then when I can finally wrangle him to put his pj's on, we snuggle on our bed and laugh and tickle for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment