Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hooray for the Red, White, & Blue

What could be more patriotic than baseball?? So to kick off our July 4th Weekend we headed down to Little Rock with several friends and watched the Arkansas Travelers get beat by some other team I can't remember and then stayed for the fireworks display afterwards...Little did we know that the game would go on for 12 inings - We were there for 4 hours!!! I was SO pooped by the end and for the first time I looked down at my feet and thought to myself, "Oh no, my toes are swollen!!" I felt more pregnant at that moment than I have so far. Nonetheless, we had a fun filled night out with friends and by the time we made it back home my toes were back to normal - thank goodness!

I made one of Aaron's most requested Saturday morning guilty pleasures...Muffins! This guy can eat muffins 'til the cows come home! But today I made them extra special and extra patriotic...I made Red, Whie, and Blue muffins with raspberries and blueberries - very yummy!


On the afternnoon of the 4th we had a small cookout at our house with our friends John & Jody Sanders. John has been a great friend and mentor for Aaron during his first few years at Hendrix. We always enjoy their company! They have five grown children, three of which they adopted from India - it's a really neat story! We had blackbean burgers (my personal favorite), hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, chips and veggies with dip, Jody's famous potato salad from Minnesota (the only one Aaron will eat!) and a peanut butter & chocolate ice cream treat (recipe courtsey of my dear friend Aubry). After our bellys could hold no more, we headed out back to play a hard core game of croquet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment