In honor of Throwback Thursday I thought I'd share the banner I made for our fall mantle...With as fast as Atticus is growing I thought it would be nice to slow down and remember our sweet little pumpkin through the years.
When he was just 5 weeks old he celebrated his first Halloween, and by "celebrated" I mean he slept through it! He was bundled up in this sweet little pumpkin onesie with matching hat, so precious. Then, having just turned one and toddling around like a pro, we dressed him up as Kermit the Frog...it's not easy being green, but somebody has to do it, he was perfect! And my favorite costume to date was "Atticus the Owl"....he learned to say that very quickly, and this was the first year that he really enjoyed trick-or-treating. When he turned three he was big into Jake and the Neverland Pirates and so of course he wanted to be a pirate....I'm pretty sure the only thing this little pirate ever stole though was my heart!!!! And what will be four year old Atticus be this year????? You'll have to wait and see...but are welcome to leave your guesses in the comments section below :)
We've been enjoying the cooler fall weather the past few weeks...it's been wonderful!!! Atticus and I a have been going to up to Furman in the late afternoon to ride his scooter around the lake and then hook up with Aaron when he's done with class for a casual on-campus dinner.
He's getting better at riding his scooter, just doesn't go real far before he says his legs hurt...so we're working on stamin....and looking ahead instead of at the ground :)
He's getting better at riding his scooter, just doesn't go real far before he says his legs hurt...so we're working on stamin....and looking ahead instead of at the ground :)
We've also been enjoying the backyard more lately....I left Atticus outside for a few minutes today and he came in asking for his bug house because he found a grasshopper...turns out it was a praying mantis! He filled the bug house with leaves and sticks and then stuck him inside - He was quite proud of himself...but you cant' tell, can you??
Aaron turned in his tenure dossier this week. This is a HUGE deal and something that he has worked incredibly hard for. To celebrate I "scored" some tickets to the FSU-Clemson game next weekend and put this little card together for him. I didn't actually have the tickets at the time I made this so I designed my own tickets - He was very surprised and very excited - Go NOLES!!!!!!

This week at school Atticus learned about the letter D. The sound it makes, how to write it, and some fun everyday objects that start with the letter D. For show and tell we walked around the house and gather a few things that started with D (drum, dinosaur, dragon, dog) and then he picked which to take to school...he went with the dog. I suggest he bring Dad but he said that Dad wouldn't fit into his cubby at school (which is where they have to leave their show and tell until the appropriate time). SMART KID!!!
He also made a fall tree with his hand, arm and fingerprints. Love! He goes to chapel once a week and today he said they sang "this little light of mine" and he was so excited because he already knew the words and hand motions from church so could help his friends that didn't know it. He is such a kind-hearted little boy. I can't believe how fast time is flying by....just seems like yesterday that I was holding that sweet 6 pound little pumpkin in my arms! Slow down please!



No comments:
Post a Comment