Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Yay for Fall

It may not feel like it, but today is the first day of Autumn... Yay!!! 
This is by far my favorite time of year!  I'm not sure if it's the cooler air, seeing scarecrows and colorful mums on front porches, the sound of crunchy leaves as you walk through the yard, long sleeve t-shirts and college football, or all the yummy treats that naturally come with the season...For example - I, along with a huge legion of my fellow Starbucks devotees, wait all year for fall because that means the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte - it's ah-mazing!  Now don't get me wrong, I recognize it's not the most low-calorie drink you can order (boasting a 380 calories for a Grande), but if you have them make it with non-fat milk and skip the whipped cream it's not quite as bad and still just as satisfying! 
Honestly, I love all those things, but my favorite thing about fall is that we get to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas!  I have soooo much to be thankful for and am blessed beyond measure! 
I have a feeling things are going to be a little different this year since Atticus will be over a year and walking - last year he was just a few months old during the fall season. . . I'm sure I'll be chasing him everywhere, but it's going to be huge fun!

So...what are your favorite things about this time of year?  Share, share!!! (some of you need practice leaving comments :-)

1 comment:

  1. Apple cinnamon and punkin' scented candles! Leaf piles to jump in! I love fall! :)

    Hey girl, check your inbox! I sent you an email with info on a fun project we want you to be in on!

    ReplyDelete