Wednesday, September 29, 2010

12 Months Old

My sweet John Atticus...you are ONE YEAR old today!
Let's see what you have been up to these days...
You weigh 21 pounds and are 30 inches long

You wear a size 4 diaper

You are wearing 12 month clothes, some 12-18 month

You are wearing a size 4 shoe

You are so close to walking. You can push things around and walk behind them and you have taken 5-6 steps but then fall down. You can get around the house pretty fast though. You are constantly into everything. You want to get into the kitchen drawers the most.
You go to bed at 7:30 and sleep until about 7am.  You are a sound sleeper and don't wake during the night :-)

You take about a one hour nap in the morning and a good long 2 - 3 hour nap in the afternoon. You still love to snuggle with your blanket and your llama.  You go right to sleep, no fussing.


You still don't have much hair, but it's slowly starting to come in thicker.  It's hard to tell what color it's going to be, sometimes it looks really light and other times it looks darker...I guess we'll have to wait and see when you get more of it! 
You have a few favorite toys right now... Your play-table that Gracie got your for your birthday, I don't think you've walked away from it since we got it a few days ago!  You also love your stacking blocks and still love books.  More often then not, you will reach for a book out of your toy box then you will a toy.  You really like to turn the pages. 
You like to be outside, especially now that the weather is cooling off a bit.  You try to eat the grass and the leaves so we have to watch you closely, but you really like to crawl on the grass and let the wind blow on your face - it makes you laugh, which makes me laugh.

Everywhere we go people tell me how beautiful you are and I can't help but be so proud. Not only because I also think you're beautiful, but because I know you are a sweet, happy baby and pray that you continue to grow up with that same spirit.

You babble constantly but mostly just say "ma-ma", "dad-da" and "uh-oh". Recently you've started giving a monologue after you finish eating breakfast...I think you might be a professor like your daddy!

You LOVE to eat and pretty much eat everything. You love to be independent and pick up your food with your fingers and feed yourself.  You still love peas but have also started really liking cheese! 

We have started transitioning you to whole milk - you get about 2 ounces of milk with your formula.  You seem to really like it and haven't had any tummy troubles from it.
 You wave, point, shake your head no, reach your hands high into the sky, give high-fives and have the sweetest laugh. I love to hear your voice, it's music to my ears! 

You are very curious and if you could, I think you would be asking me a millon questions about everything - it won't be long and I'm sure you will!
You have learned how to pull yourself up in your crib, so now when I go in to get you in the mornings you are usually standing up waiting for me - it's such a sweet sight!!
 I feel like the most blessed woman in the world.  I am SO thankful that God gave you to your Daddy and me.  You are very special to us both and we treasure every second we have with you.   I wish you could stay little forever, but I know you can't.  I look forward to watching you grow and learn new things. 
I will always love you Atticus!
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ATTICUS!!!

1 comment: