Thursday, September 9, 2010

Playing Catch Up...

Ok, you can stop sending me nasty emails about how I haven't updated the blog in oh...less than a week.  I had no idea how many folks actually depend on my blog to stay up to date of what's going on in our lives and to watch how much Atticus is growing.  I'm thrilled to know that not only our family reads it but also our friends that are so special to us.  I promise I'll be better - this week I've been under the weather so laying down on the couch instead of sitting at the computer won most of the time. 
Let's see...what's been going on since last I wrote...
Atticus still chooses not to look AT the camera... Hope he gets over this by tomorrow when we have his 12 month photo session.
I turned the big 33.  I'm still claiming that I'm in my "early" 30's as long as I can :-) 
Aaron got me a gift certificate to a local running store so I can pick up things that I need as I continue to train for my first half-marathon.  I also got an awesome runners "tool-belt" from my SIL and it makes running in 90 degree weather much more bearable!!  We're up to 7 miles in our training and let's just say that I'm about worthless after those runs...My legs hurt sooo bad (I guess it's my middle-age bones).  I have found a scripture that I try to keep in front of me when running and when thinking about the next 6 miles...it has given me an extra boost and so I thought I'd share it - even if you're not actually physically running, it's a nice reminder.

Hebrews 12:1
"...Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us..."
And keeping this litle smiley (and slobbery) face in front of me doesn't hurt either :)  He definitely keeps me going!

This week we also put Atticus in his big-boy car seat. 
Not sure what he thought at first, but after 3 days I think he agrees that it was time to "move-up"...he was getting kind of crowded in the other one.  He looks SO BIG when he sits in his new one - it makes me sad a little...can't believe he'll be ONE at the end of the month!! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment