We've been so blessed that Atticus has been as healthy as he has - just now at 10 months has he gotten his first cold. No fever, no ear infections, just a yucky summer cold, with a runny nose, wet cough and all. I feel like I am constantly wiping his face (the fact that he is cutting his top two teeth doesn't help the "moist factor"...) After a week of trying to fight it off with benadryl and rest, our doctor put him on an antibiotic...today's day 1, so hopefully it won't take too long for it to kick in and help him start feeling better.
Atticus and Grace hanging out at Safety Town with me and Laura while we worked the snack room this year.
Safety Town was a huge success again - This is one of my favorite projects that Junior Auxiliary sponsors! Last year Laura and I were 7 months pregnant when we taught...we decided the snack room was a better fit for us this year since we had A and G in tow :) Just for fun though, I'm including a picture of Laura and I LAST year at Safety Town - my how things change!
Now that Atticus is cutting teeth on the top he has started rolling his tongue - I guess he likes the way it feels as it crosses those two teeth coming in....the funny thing is, it's not the top CENTER teeth that are usually next in line to come in, its the ones on either side, so he looks like a little vampire when he smiles :)
The weather here has been insane! Today the regular temperature is 106, but with the heat index it's between 115-120. OMG!! How am I supposed to be training for a half-marathon in this weather?!?! We ran 5 miles this week and before we started we hid frozen water bottles along the route so we'd have water throughout our run - that was SO smart, otherwise I think I very well may have passed out!!
Ok, back to ArtsFest planning...taking lots of my time these days...





No comments:
Post a Comment