It's that time again....You can't go into a store without noticing all the "back to school" paraphernalia front and center as soon as you walk in the door and depending on which store you're at it's even dangling from the ceiling!
I'll admit, it's sort of sentimental for me - most of you know that I used to teach 2nd grade. I loved it, I was good at it, and it was so special watching the kids grow leaps and bounds during that one school year. They'd arrive on day one as little 1st graders and leave the last day as 3rd graders ready to tackle long division! Life happens and things change...I'm not teaching other people's children anymore, but instead now have my very own little mind to mold :) And it's truly a privilege and a task that I don't take lightly. I love that Atticus loves books!
So, I've always been sort of an office supply junkie...I have a small obsession with sticky notes, paper clips, file folders, and especially the label maker! Today I had to run into Office Depot for a few things and saw the school supply station where moms and dads were picking up their school's list of what to buy...Atticus certainly isn't headed to school anytime soon, but I couldn't resist picking one up to see what was on the list. I wanted to buy it all!! One glance and I realized I had everything on the list at home already...scary! I did get a few things, including binder clips and magnets for our dry erase family calendar :)
I'm reminded of a line from one of my favorite movies...You've Got Mail... "I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." That's how I feel this time of year, it just makes me smile! To all my teacher-friends, praying you are blessed with a classroom full of well behaved children with well behaved parents :)




No comments:
Post a Comment