Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today's doctor visits...

About six months ago I went to see the doctor because I developed an awful pain in my wrist that wasn't going away.  It was determined that I had tendinitis...you might remember this sad picture from  a previous post of mine.
Well, he gave me a steroid shot and it was the MOST horrible pain I had ever experienced - far worse than my kidney stones, appendicitis, and even worse than labor!!  Luckily the pain was worth it because it did help my wrist...temporarily...I went back to the doctor today because for the past three weeks my wrist has been in really bad shape, making it extremely difficult to pick up Atticus, brush my teeth, and type - three very important things :) 
I had to go through the horrendous shot again -  my wrist feels like it should be black and blue, but I survived, I had my support team with me cheering me on :)
Hopefully this time the shot will last longer...if not there's a surgery in my future... Speaking of surgery...
Aaron found out today at another doctor's appointment that he has a hernia!!!  Poor guy!  He had one when he was 17 years old so it's not totally new to him, but between him not being able to lift anything and my gimp wrist, Atticus better learn how to walk soon!  Ha!!  We visit with the surgeon next week to schedule his surgery - hopefully it will be quick and easy, we have Mickey to go see next month!!

And if this isn't the sweetest smile, I don't know what is???  My wrist hurts to high heaven, but when I see this little face all the pain goes away - I love you sweet boy!

1 comment:

  1. Isaiah has that same outfit!=)
    Hope your wrist does better this time! Let me know if you need help with Atticus. When we get back you can bring him over. The girls would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete