Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Christmas...

When I told Atticus that he wasn't going to have his own Christmas tree this year, this is the sad face he made... Ha! Really, I think it was just that he didn't want to wear that silly elf hat!! (I thought this picture was so sad it was cute so I had to post).

I originally wasn't going to put a tree in Atticus' room because I knew he wouldn't remember it and I didn't want to spend the extra money buying items to decorate it with. But I broke down and decided that since this was in fact his first Christmas that was reason enough for him to have his very own tree. So while I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday they had their trees 50% off and I couldn't pass up this little tree for Atticus' room (it was only $15 so it was a steal!). As for the decorations...they didn't cost me a thing, I used handmade ornaments that my mom and I made when I was a little girl. I also chose several of our favorite storybook character stuffed animals along with their corresponding books that we already had at home. And for the tree topper I simply added Sock Monkey to the top. I think it turned out super cute!!!
Can you pick out some of our favorite storybook characters??

Our friends Chris and Dee (he took our maternity pictures) had dinner with us this week and while they were at the house they snapped a few shots of the family. Here are some of my favorites!

4 comments:

  1. I love your new family picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new pictures! what a sweet little family :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps.. did you see that i stole your website for blog backgrounds :o) yours is so cute.. i had to find one for mine like it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE Atticus's Christmas tree...and I love your family pics too! :)

    ReplyDelete