Atticus is entering a growth spurt for the next eight weeks - which means he (and I) will gain weight faster. He will increase in length and gain about a half a pound a week. Today he weighed about around 3.3 pounds. The bigger he gets, the bigger I get!! I can already tell that he's running out of room because his movements are starting to feel more like squirming and less like strong kicks. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and his brain and nervous system are going through major developments. I was kind of sad that I didn't actually get to see Atticus today - this was the first appointment where I didn't have an ultrasound. I did however get to hear his heartbeat...a strong 145 bpm!! It was just thumping away and stealing my heart with every beat!
This week I participated in a fundraiser for Easter Seals - all the proceeds from the auction went to providing healthcare for children that can't afford it. From the moment I walked into the room this bag caught my attention and I knew it would be coming home with me when the night was over... There was a slight bidding war between another lady and myself, but in the end I won :) Yeah, I love this bag - i'm thinking of using it as a diaper bag - so stinkin' cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment