Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hospital Door Decor'

I started another project...surprise, surprise, right? I want something nice for the hospital door to welcome guests as they come to visit. I'm not comfortable leaving this one to chance for fear that I might end up with something goofy, so I have decided to make my own door decoration. I had lots of ideas, everything from a wreath, a cross, a satin bow, etc...but I have decided to go with something that I can use in Atticus' room for years to come...I'm calling it a "storyboard". I think it turned out real sweet.
The frame came with a white-wash finish, but I thought that was kind of boring so I painted some dots in chocolate, green, and blue on the frame- I was seeing dots myself after painting all these!
The inside holds a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper - so the idea is that you can rotate the scrapbook pages as often as you'd like. The one that I am making for the hospital door says "John Atticus" and there is a place for all his birth statistics held together with brown and blue polka-dot ribbon and mini clothes-pins.
I added a brown velvet ribbon to hang it with - I can't wait to include sweet pictures of our little one!!
I think it turned out super cute...

3 comments:

  1. VERY SUPER CUTE! :o) love this idea.. you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it cam out so cute.....I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I may try to make something like this to send to my step-daughter, who is expecting number 2 in october. So glad you posted this!

    ReplyDelete