Saturday, October 16, 2010

Race for the Cure

 Today was the Komen Race for the Cure!!  It was AWESOME!
I ran in memory of Dora Vaughan, my grandmother.

I participated with several others from Hendrix, including Jenn and Jamie, both of whom I'm training with for our half-marathon right around the corner.  But we weren't the only ones there...there were 46,000 participants in the race - the energy was amazing!!  The Little Rock race is the 3rd largest in the nation - I think that's pretty cool!
Jenn designed our shirts - The front said Warriors for the Cure and this was a picture of the back - so cute!!! (Hendrix's mascot is the warrior and their school color is orange)
We stopped to snap a shot with Heather, DC, and Pool Boy - DJ's from one of our local radio stations. 
We were ready for battle...didn't we look tough!
There were some wild and crazy things that we encountered along the way...including this supporter cheering for us on the sidelines.  His hat was made out of balloons!
No joke, this lady painted her black and white dog PINK!!!
The firemen were throwing pink mardi gras beads from their trucks...I particularly liked their pink uniforms, much better than yellow :)
Jenn made me stop and take a picture with this dude...he was one of many motorcycle guys revving their engines as we ran by - however, I think he could have done without the pink wig...
I can't wait until next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment