Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby Basics

We went to a baby basics class last night...Neither of us have been around newborns in a long time so we thought it best to sharpen our skills before Atticus arrived. Little did we know that we would be the couple in the room with the most experience, or at least the most common sense. I think Aaron would agree that we left there feeling pretty good about our abilities as first time parents. Not that I'm comparing us to the other couples there, (ok, I am) but I couldn't help feeling pretty confident in my own skills when some of the questions asked of the instructor were things like “what does a diaper rash look like” and “how many diapers does a baby typically go through in a day”... Are you kidding me people??
I’m fairly certain Atticus will be basically bald (considering Aaron didn't have any hair until he was one year old) so when it came time to pick our practice baby for the night, I by-passed the Cabbage Patch dolls with a head full of hair and a mouth full of teeth and went for the bald baby with the eyes that open and close when you lay it down...
It was alot of fun spending the night focusing on our little baby boy on the way - we can't wait to meet him...only 6 weeks to go!!
Here are a few pictures of Aaron practicing his swaddling skills... ok, maybe a little more practice before Atticus gets here :)

1 comment:

  1. these pictures crack me up! i am laughing out loud over here. you guys will be amazing parents :o) oh and tell Aaron its best not to hold babies hanging by the neck with one hand. HA HA! love you.

    ReplyDelete