Most of you know that I am a total foodie, I love eating first rate cuisine and am always in the kitchen cooking an old favorite or trying something new! But I have to admit that I've found eating can be a real challenge when you've got a bun in the oven...so many rules to follow!! Aaron and I have (for about a year now) become what I call "flexiterians" - we eat mostly fruits, veggies, whole grains, lentils, nuts, and seafood. We will occasionlly eat chicken and/or turkey, but have totally cut out red meat and pork. I'm committed to eating this way for health reasons, Aaron does it for environmental and ethical reasons and the fact that it's healthier is just an added bonus for him. It's worked out well since we both enjoy cooking and trying new recipes.Here's the breakdown of how food has impacted my pregancy so far - I have felt great my entire pregnancy - it has been a really enjoyable experience.
WHAT I MISS:
-soft cheeses, especially feta cheese
-tuna and salmon
WHAT I'M CRAVING:
-sweet tea
-popcorn
WHAT I LOVE A LITTLE LESS THESE DAYS:
-bell peppers (and I used to eat them with zeal but now have to work to enjoy them)
WHAT I PLAN TO FEED ATTICUS: I want to give Atticus a healthy start once he can have solid foods...hopefully he'll also enjoy some of our personal favorites!
-avocados
-butternut squash
No comments:
Post a Comment