One of the organizations that we have become affiliated with since our move to Conway is the Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre. I was asked to be part of their Board to help plan community events. Last night we held the "Bard Ball" - a cocktail party/silent auction/fundraiser and sneak preview of several of the shows they are performing this season. It was held in the Terazzo Room Roof Top at Michelangelo's. There were over 150 guests in attendance, delicious appetizers, and nearly 75 items up for auction. It was a huge success!! After being there all day setting up, I slipped out early because my pregnant feet couldn't handle the pumps I was wearing much longer...Nonetheless, it was a fun filled night of Shakespeare!
After a long day of setting up, Mary Ruth, Lynn and I can finally relax!
A few of the items up for auction.
My favorite part of the night...the CAKE!
That looks like a lot of fun. I'm sorry we had to pass. We've been enjoying the plays though!
ReplyDelete