Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up & More!

Look who came for a quick visit on his way to the furniture market?!?!  We were so excited to see Poppa and get to spend some special moments with him.  Atticus asked from the minute his feet hit the ground that morning if Poppa was here yet....and then didn't stop asking until the doorbell rang!  He loves his Poppa!!!
I'm a pretty big fan of his Poppa too....I seriously have the most precious Dad EVER!!!   I hate that he couldn't stay longer, but we're all looking forward to spending a week at home during Thanksgiving where we can spend lots of quality time together.
 
The farm where we get our weekly produce from has a small pumpkin patch with activities for the kids...so this week when we picked up our weekly share, we stayed awhile and Atticus visited with the animals, took a hayride, picked a pumpkin and snacked on a few yummy veggies himself.
 
 In this picture, both Atticus and the llama refused to look at the camera....hmmmm.
On the hayride we got to take a tour of the family owned farm.  Normally we only see a small portion of the land and the farm house, but on the hayride we got to see so much more...including lots of animals, where they grow the vegetables, and where the farmers live.
 
He told me I was his seat belt....
 
Being silly with the stick horses....giddy up horsey!
 
This weekend we also went to the Children's Museum!  He loves it so much and it's neat to watch the older he gets the different attractions that he participates in that he didn't (or couldn't) last time we were there.   This climbing tower is a great example of something that Atticus has never really been eager to participate it....BUT, this time, he actually got inside and climbed up a few levels!
One of his favorites is the wind tunnel!!
 
He was very proud of himself!!!!
 
 He also got to experiment with pumpkins!!!  He hammered golf tees into a pumpkin and scooped out the seeds from inside a pumpkin....he said it was stinky!
 
I'm going to miss the days when he's at school all day long and I don't get the random "I love you mom" and skooshes throughout the day....but until then, I'll take every last knock-me-over hug I can get. He gives the BEST hugs!!!
 
 We made a pumpkin on the life size light bright!!! We make a great team!
 
And how fun is this???  A life size Operation Game!!!!  We have this game at home so Atticus was all about pulling out body parts using the kitchen tongs without making the buzzer go off!!!
 
Such a sweetie!!
I love our small community!  I'm glad when we moved here we decided to buy a house in TR rather than in the "big city"....Our little town does the coolest stuff, including this Artober Fest!  We rode bikes up to the festivities and parked them while we enjoyed a little bit of art, food, games and fun with our fellow TR folks!
 
Atticus got a shaved ice that was as big as his head!!  He was kind enough to share with me.
 Planted from seeds with the help from Grandpa....we finally have sunflowers!!!  Atticus has enjoyed watching them grow and didn't believe me when I told him they would be taller than he was....surprise!!  Our neighbor told me she loves seeing their little faces peek over the fence!
 
This time of year we eat just about anything with pumpkin in it.  I had about a cup of left over pumpkin puree so Atticus and I deviated from our normal morning green smoothie and made a pumpkin spice smoothie!!!  It was amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment