Monday, October 6, 2014

Atticus turns FIVE!

I realize it's been 6 months since I've posted and I'm not sure I'll be able to back post all the pics from life over the past 6 months, but I'll try.... No promises so I'm not letting anyone down, including myself.  Life is busy, especially with a now FIVE year old, not to mention the newest member of our family...but we'll get to him later :)
We just celebrated ATTICUS' fifth birthday and it absolutely amazes me to think that he has been a part of our life for that amount of time.  It's hard for me to even imagine my life before him.  He is the BIGGEST blessing and the BIGGEST joy that I could ever have asked for....and now is a whole fist full of fingers old!  How is that possible??
Join me as we take a look at his Farmers Market Birthday Party!
The invitation!
Here's what you could find to snack on at the Farmers Market... My "famous" sugar cookies - these have sort of become a tradition for Atticus' birthday parties - I've made them every year, just in a different shape to go along with the them :)  So this year we have veggies!
And what's a garden without hoses and worms??
 These were a lot of fun to make...and even more fun to eat!!!  Imagine kettle corn with melted marshmallows, butter and brown sugar....now wrap it up like a corn cob in brown parchment paper cut to look like corn stalks...So FUN!
 Fresh Picked Veggies....Atticus insisted on carrots and cucumbers!
 We made carrot cake muffins and served them out of egg crates...perfect to grab and go!
 A few other farm favorites...Peanut Butter & Jam Sammies (made with my Pampered Chef Cut 'N Seal), Cinnamon Apple Sauce and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!

 Well Water from the Wagon!!
 Atticus always loves going to our local Farmers Market on Saturday mornings...that along with his love for veggies was the inspiration for his party....and then I found this awesome shirt!!!
 

The kids had the opportunity to make their own scarecrow, go on a scavenger hunt through the Furman Farm as well as plant their own green bean seeds!!!
Scarecrows are coming to life!!!
Ready, Set, Go....
So fun to roam through the Farm on the hunt for all sorts of unexpected things!
Mr. Bruce shared with the kids about planting, watering, germination and told us to all come back in about 3 weeks to see how much our beans have grown!!!!
 The kids (and parents) had fun planting the seeds....

And what's a party without a pinata?!?!?  So I can now add pinata maker to my resume!  I made a carrot pinata for the party...and no, it was not full of baby carrots, although that thought did cross my mind.  We did skip the candy and filled it with fun garden/bug themed toys!


 Time for CAKE!!!!
 
Aaron lifted him up so we could sing and so he could blow out his candles!!!!!
 And this my friends is the face of a little boy that didn't get to blow out his candles because the wind did it for him....
 He got over it pretty quickly though!!!! 
I was so thankful to have my mom here - she was a huge help as always and Atticus certainly LOVED having her here!!!!
 
Nana and her JOYBOY!!!!!
  
What a special day!!  We love you so much sweet Atticus and know that you are going to do amazing things in your lifetime.  May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you!

No comments:

Post a Comment