Sunday, June 2, 2013

Family Fun Activities

I can't believe it's June 1st!  This year has flown by and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon!  Alot of people comment to me that our family is always on the "go"...always doing something fun or going somewhere new....My response to them is that there is no way I could stay cooped up in the house everyday, all day, with this active 3 1/2 year old :)  We all love to be on the move so finding activities we can do as a family is always on my radar.  
Greenville is known for it's very active biking community.  There are beautiful trails throughout the city that are perfect for family rides together. We recently parked downtown and road all over the city - Atticus loves it, he hangs out in the trailer that Aaron pulls behind his bike and is usually reading some books or just watching the scenery...or snacking on a treat :)
Me and my helmet head buddy boy!
We recently found a boat loading dock that lets you fish off their pier....it's owned by an old married couple and they run a little bait & tackle shop on site that's always full of interesting people....
The fish weren't biting as much as we had hoped that day but we had fun watching the boats coming in and out of the dock and Atticus certainly loved getting his hands dirty while digging out the worms to put on the hook.
This time of year there's not much better than fresh picked strawberries...and I'm not talking about the kind you can pick up at your local grocery store, I'm talking about going to the patch and picking them yourself!!
We picked a gallon and they were gone the next day...seriously, they were that good! 
As the days are warming up we've been spending more time outside...a lot of time in the backyard with the sprinklers and the water hose.  Atticus loves playing in the water, trying to spray me, and watering the garden.  His other favorite thing to do outside is to look for BUGS!!  He found this little lady bug and carried it around for over an hour.....I felt kind of bad for the bug, but he was having a blast!
And when it's REALLY hot, we go hang out at the pool with friends!  We don't have a pool but have several friends that have a community pool and so they are gracious enough to always invite us over! 
This picture is from one of the Furman baseball games we attended!  I grew up watching baseball with my dad - Go Braves!  I can't wait for Atticus to play baseball next year when he turns 4...so fun!
We have also spent some of our early summer nights at the Greenville Drive games, our local minor league team....They have a fabulous grassy area the kids can run around in as well as a really cool park!   Here are a few pictures from the game last weekend!!
Waiting for the game to start!
7th inning stretch!
So blessed!
I love spending time with my boys.....
And I'll leave you with this sweet treat...Atticus and Aaron sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment