Monday, April 22, 2013

Tulips & Kale

Today Atticus and I met Aaron for lunch at Furman.  We try to meet him for lunch on days when he has to work late and won't be home for dinner, today was one of those days.  It's such a blessing to have that opportunity, I realize not everyone has such a flexible schedule and I'm so thankful he does...it's the perfect way to break up our day since we're transitioning out of naps and now have more time to fill our day :)
 
Furman has the most beautifully landscaped flower beds and the grass looks like a perfectly manicured golf course....it's like walking through a garden that's always in bloom!  While we were walking across campus today the fleet of Furman gardeners were busy pruning the flower beds, pulling out the old and planting the new...They offered me a gorgeous bouquet of purple tulips to take home...and if you know me well, you know tulips are my all-time-favorite flower...so I was in heaven!!  They are the most beautiful shade of purple!
This week marks six months since I started my vegan food journey.  I'm thrilled to share that I feel better than I have felt in a very long time!   It's amazing how good you can feel on the inside when you fill your body with foods that promote health rather than foods that fuel disease. I never thought I would be someone that could give up CHEESE but I honestly think walking away from dairy completely has been the biggest factor in the results that I've achieved.  If you're curious about what eating "plant-based" means I'd love to share more with you.... In the mean time, here is a yummy plant-strong recipe I've been enjoying over and over, I just can't seem to get enough!!
Here's how to enjoy this warm kale salad:  Bring 3/4 cup of water or veggie stock to a boil in a large skillet.  Add one bag of fresh chopped kale and saute until wilted.  Add 1/2 cup of craisins and 1 can of drained and rinsed white beans.  Cook until heated through.  To serve, drizzle with pomegranate balsamic vinegar and top with chopped raw almonds.  It's ahhhh-mazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment