This week Atticus and I had a play date and picnic with one of my old childhood friends, Evie and her little boy Drew. We went to the park and the boys played great together!! Thankful that after 20 years Evie and I have been able to reconnect (unfortunately
I wasn't able to get a picture of me and Evie...neither of the boys
offered to take it for us)...maybe next time :)
Atticus is great at making friends! He loves to play with other kids at the gym, church or just meeting new kids at the park or waving to people in the grocery store. He has a very sweet spirit and is a good friend to his buddies. He always runs and hugs them when he sees them for the first time and doesn't leave without a hug or high-five! I'm thankful that in his short 3 1/2 years he's made some really nice friends.
Friends are so important. I think this is true for any age. Some of my greatest memories involve my friends, even those from my elementary years (when I knew Evie and we were doing church musicals together) to my college days (where my roommates turned into my best friends and long after graduation continue to bless my life!!) Grown-ups need friends too. I've been blessed with wonderful friends throughout my life and I'm so thankful that now as a wife and mother I still have close girlfriends.
Atticus and I spend alot of time together. I know this little boy inside and out and I love him to pieces. He is my joy-boy and I'm proud to say that I'm his mom but I was also his first friend. I hope and pray that as he gets older he still loves hanging out with me and that our house is a place where he and his friends want to be...ok, I'm tearing up...that's enough of that.
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times.



No comments:
Post a Comment