We've had an exciting summer so far...nothing grand or out of the ordinary, it's just been normal, everyday stuff, but I think with Atticus being almost three years old, we've been able to do more than we have in the past.
This post is a bunch of random pictures from things we've done, places we've visited, friends we've hung out with, recipes we've tried, and good old fashioned fun that we've had :) Speaking of good old fashioned fun...Can you say Ice Cream?? Chocolate, please!

We LOVE Trader Joes!! Do you have one where you live?? It's kind of like Whole Foods meets Fresh Market. They have amazing produce and gorgeous fresh flowers! They also have a great selection of organic foods that don't cost an arm and a leg... I like that.
Atticus is for sure a Trader Joes kid! He loves to push the "customer in training" cart around that's just his size... and he may or may not have run into a few ankles...

Aaron has definitely passed his sweet tooth onto Atticus! Whether it's ice cream, an Icee, Rita's, or a mondo-cupcake like these, they can always make room in their bellies for a sweet treat!!
Aaron bought Atticus his first fishing pole... They've been practicing on the driveway - I'm sure the neighbors think we're crazy, but it's pretty awesome to watch Atticus cast and reel over and over.
Good thing they've been practicing so much...Grandpa came to visit and the first thing on the agenda was to go fishing - "you get a line, I get a pole, honey, honey..."
Atticus did great, even though he didn't catch anything this time around... He kept saying "get on my pole fishy!" He LOVED the worms!!! Me, not so much...
We've been part of a playgroup since we first moved to Greenville - Atticus and I both love it! It's been a great social outlet for him - he gets to play with kids a little younger and a little older than him - they have so much fun together...It's also been a place for me to make some new friends as well. One of the families in our playgroup is moving out of state so we had a going away party for them... Here are all the kiddos together - and of course they're not all looking at the camera, but I gave up trying to snap that photo a long time ago!
-Kolby-Abi-Maya-Elizabeth-Stella-Ruby-Atticus-Chase-Isaac-Brady-Conner-

And here are all the boys up close, such "little men"

Atticus has taken quite a liking to Toy Story recently. He has a Woody doll but that's it in the Toy Story department... However, he found this Woody hat at a friends house and thought he was pretty tough stuff running around on his stick pony wearing it, yelling "yee-haw!"
Oh wait, there's more... the outfit wouldn't be complete without the boots!
One of the things I love most about living in Greenville is that I finally live close to Jessica and Kerri - two of my very best friends from college. We had their families over for dinner recently and we all had so much fun together - the kids played beautifully with each other - and we all spent most of the night laughing as we went down memory lane... Crazy to think that we've been out of college for 13 years!!!!!! AHHHH!

One weekend while Aaron's parents were here (building the patio I think) we took a short jaunt down to Columbia to hang out with Evan and catch up with what's going on in his neck of the woods. He's one cool dude.

It's been disgustingly hot here - the kind of hot that feels like you're breathing pudding. So with that being said we haven't been doing too many outdoor activities unless it involves a pool. One of the places we've found refuge from this torturous weather is the library. I love our library - they have a fabulous kids section with books, games, storytelling stage, puzzles, computers, and special theme programs. I was hesitant to take Atticus this particular day because the program was called, "Snakes Alive"... Just for the record...
I
don't
do
snakes
period - space - space
But Nicole convinced me to go and said she'd call 911 if I passed out. I could not believe all the snakes they had in that place!! Atticus was fearless. I mean totally fearless. He thought they were the coolest and was first in line to "pet" the 13 foot python!!!
Look at his face??? He is in heaven, meanwhile I'm hiding under the table...Not really, but you better believe I was ready with the hand sanitizer from head to toe!
TRAINS!!!! Now here's a theme program I can "get on board" with!!!! We met some friends for another special program on trains - it was super cute, the kids had fun with their conductor hats, vests, bandanas, and painted on mustaches.
You might remember from earlier posts that we planted a garden this year - a real garden with raised beds, not just a few herbs in a pot on the back porch. Here is what it looked like in the beginning stages:
And here is what I've harvested just TODAY!!! We are up to our eyeballs in Sungold Tomatoes - I LOVE them, they are like eating candy, seriously! We've been making a ton of homemade salsa, pesto, herb butter, dill dip, and marinara sauces... Atticus has been a huge help in the garden as well. He plays an
active role in the growing and maintaining of the garden - He knows that
we don't pick the green tomatoes, he's an amazing weed puller, and he
waters the garden everday! PLUS, I really like the idea that Atticus
knows food doesn't just come from the grocery store.
For Aaron's birthday I got him tickets to see the band 311 in concert (his favorite band of all time!). We headed up to Charlotte for the concert and met our friends Barry & Linnea for dinner before the show. They've just relocated there so I'm super excited that we'll get to see them more often since they're only 90 miles away now!!!
So... It's been a fun few past couple of weeks...what have YOU been up to??












No comments:
Post a Comment