Monday, July 9, 2012

July 4th

Happy Birthday to the great USA!!
We spent the 4th with a few friends at an outdoor concert put on by the Greenville Symphony.  It was a lot of fun, the kids loved it.  The parents on the other hand... We ate American fare while sweating like pigs in the 100+ temps, we waved American flags while sweating like pigs in the 100+ temps, we sang patriotic songs while sweating like pigs in the 100+ temps, we proudly wore our red, white and blue while sweating like pigs in the 100+ temps, and that's why this picture is oh so G.R.O.S.S.
The kiddos had a blast with the glow sticks we brought - I'm pretty sure that was the best $2 I have spent in a long time!!  After two hours of symphony music though, they were SO ready for the fireworks
(Kolby, Isaac, Maya, Chase and Atticus being silly)
I meant to snap a picture of the moms (Sarah, Nicole and I), but by the time I remembered we were all so gross that we decided to forgo the photo opp for this event :)  The kids can get away with being sweaty and cute at the same time, parents not so much.
 Atticus and Isaac finally taking a break from the Jump House and all the other activities they had for the kids.  Let me just tell you... these two boys are "something" when they get together...  I'm not sure which word best describes the two of them, but it's "something" for sure!  Maybe, TROUBLE :)
 
They laugh, play, fight, wrestle, sing, dance, run, jump, swim, sweat and act 100% boy with each other!
 We hope you had a nice July 4th celebration as well.  Thank you to all the men and women that have served and continue to serve our country so that we can live in the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment