Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Crack

I came across this recipe on Pinterest and it looked way too easy and way too good to pass up!  It's called "Christmas Crack".  Wasn't sure at first glance if it was called "crack" because it's made with saltine crackers or because of its addictive quality...  I made a batch for a small get together we're hosting this weekend and OMG, it is ah-mazing and I can testify first hand that it's called crack because you can't put the stuff down and you just keep coming back for more.. Beware!!  If you have an addictive personality walk away from the computer right now!!  

Here's the recipe - I knew you'd ask:
2 sticks of REAL butter - no margarine allowed!
1 cup of brown sugar
40 saltine crackers, give or take a few
2 cups chocolate chips (I actually used chopped up Hershey bars I had left over from S'mores)
Chopped nuts - optional 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet (10x15 preferred) with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cover baking sheet with single layer of crackers. Bring butter and sugar to a boil then cook on low until sugar is melted, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture over crackers, spread evenly to cover. Bake in 350 degree oven for 5-8 minutes or until toffee mixture is bubbly. Let sit out of oven for 2-3 minutes and then sprinkle chocolate chips on top until chips are glossy. Spread evenly and top with chopped nuts if desired. Let cool, break apart, and now you have an addiction to Christmas Crack....

And just for fun....cause really, what's a blog post without a picture of you know who???  Thank goodness he hasn't discovered the Christmas Crack :-)  Oh wait a minute... Look...He has gone to get the step stool so the crack is within his reach!!!!
 
Guilty!!  Caught in the act...Luckily it was just the pecans!  But don't worry, I'm not going to give him any of this insanely awful, no good, very bad, icky sticky, dessert drug (there wouldn't be any left for his parents!!).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment