Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Toad"ally Royal Day!

Well, the Brits may have royal weddings, but do they have Toad Suck Daze???  Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum... Friday morning Atticus lovingly woke me up at 6am, just in time to watch Will and Kate say "I do" and then we concluded the day with Toad Suck Daze (a local festival).

The streets of London have nothing on downtown Conway!
 I'm not sure why America is so obsessed with the royal family... I have to admit that I did watch TLC each night leading up to the wedding as well as watch the wedding itself and of course all the encore presentations where dresses and hats were analyzed.... And I might add, that I wouldn't be totally opposed to attending a function that required me to wear a hat like the Brits, just once.

While the royals were eating canape and caviar, we enjoyed a foot long corn dog, kettle corn, and roasted corn on the cob (just realized all of those things have "corn" in them...better than some of my other choices I guess, like deep fried Twinkies and deep fried Hershey kisses).

Atticus was not sure what to think about his first corn dog...

I on the other hand enjoyed every last kernel of my roasted corn, probably because it was dipped in butter and then covered with salt and pepper!!  It really was the sweetest corn I've ever had, so yummy!

Atticus and Kade shared their snacks with one another - Atticus was trying to feed Kade, and Kade let him, it was funny, sorry I missed that picture, I was too busy laughing!

And while the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were gloriously singing Ava Maria, we watched the locals "bash a Buick", race their home grown toads, and participate in "stuck on a truck" where the person who lasts the longest gets a free truck...hmmmm. This is making South Carolina look better and better by the minute!
The guy that won last year was stuck to the truck for 92 hours!!!  That's just dumb if you want to know what I really think! 
There was live music, granted it wasn't the Chapel Royal Choir, the London Chamber Orchestra and a fanfare team from the Royal Air Force band...but we did have American Idol and Conway's own Kris Allen :)

Atticus loved listening to the music - he danced around in the street and bounced up and down to the beat!  Here is our sweet boy taking a pit stop to rest...
This is also a great shot of his new Toms (I'll post more on that later).

This weekend we also picked up a train table at a local consignment store for cheap cheap cheap!  Atticus hasn't stopped playing with it since we brought it home.  I knew there would be a train table in our future, this little boy has loved trains for quite some time... Have fun buddy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment