Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Avocados and the longest post ever...

Today Atticus had one of my favorite foods for the first time...AVOCADO!!! And guess what, he LOVED it! I'm so blessed that he is such a good eater - He honestly hasn't turned his nose up at anything but he definitely has favorites and avocados are right up there at the top with butternut squash and sweet potatoes (he may not look like me, but he sure eats like me!).
This is the fresh avocado once I was done smashing and mixing with some pear juice...isn't it a lovely shade of green? I had a little taste myself and it was really good (and just for the record, I've tasted everything I've put into his mouth so far...)!!

Ok, so remember I told you that I was going to start "meal planning" this week...well, I wanted to keep my promise (mostly to myself) and share with you what our meals are for the week (it's actually a really easy week because we have a few evening commitments that involve dinner out, so lucky me...)

Monday - Aaron was in Memphis so I ate a Kashi Frozen Dinner (love those!)
Tuesday - Our Community Group met at Chick-Fil-A for dinner to help support Life Choices, our local crisis pregnancy center, Chick-Fil-A is giving Life Choices 25% of the sales from today. **See pictures below**
Wednesday - Chicken Zucchini Alfredo (this is a recipe from Ellie Krieger on the food network - never made it before, but I typically enjoy her healthy recipes - can't wait!)
Thursday - BBQ Sloppy Janes (sloppy joes made w/ground turkey and BBQ sauce instead of the normal tomato sauce and then we add cole slaw on top). I just made up that name...
Friday - Tilapia, grilled veggies, and couscous
Saturday - We have a birthday party for one of Atticus' friends and they are having a BBQ so that means I don't have to cook...
Sunday - Cheese Tortellini Vegetable Soup

I'll report back at the end of the week and let you know how closely we stuck to our plan and I'll be sure to post the alfredo recipe if it turns out to be a keeper!

****************************************
Atticus sitting in the highchair like a BIGBoy! He ate before we went so he just played while we were there as you can see from all the toys overflowing from the highchair...The look on his face = the Chick-Fil-A "cow" was trying to get him to smile...good luck cow!
He was also very interested in Aaron's hat...
He soon decided he wanted "out" and he and Daddy were telling secrets...
Ok, give Mommy a turn...
Our family...
Here are some quick pics of a few of our Community Group friends and their kiddos...

After dinner we headed over to Hendrix for their last home baseball game...My two cool dudes in their shades!

No comments:

Post a Comment