Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Atticus is Two Weeks Old Today!!!

WOW, how fast time goes by!! Atticus has turned TWO WEEKS!! He is more precious than we could have ever imagined and our hearts are overflowing with love and joy. I had no doubt that I would feel a special bond with Atticus once he was born, but I had no idea that I would feel such emotion just looking into his eyes. He has definitely stolen my heart!

Just chillin'...Am I cute or what?!?!
In the words of his "friend" Joey, "how you doing?"
How long do I have to hold this pose?
Oh how I love my fingers! (We have to put mittens on his hands when he sleeps so he doesn't scratch his face)
Hurry up and take the picture, I'm fading fast...
Our little boy, all tuckered out!

We gave Atticus his first bath last night...as you can see from the picture, he didn't seem to care for it too much, but I definitely think it helped him go to sleep and stay asleep last night. Lately we've had trouble getting him to sleep between 12am-4am, but last night he slept the whole time!!

My mom used to tell me that I would understand how much she loved me once I had a child of my own...Now that Atticus is here and part of our lives, I think I'm starting to understand what she meant by that. Mom was able to come and stay with us for a week after Atticus was born - she cooked, cleaned, rocked, sang, and cuddled...I cried when she left - not because I was uncertain of what I'd do without her here, but because I was certain of what I'd do. I would show Atticus the love, comfort, guidance, friendship, wisdom, and acceptance that she has shown me. She has always been such a great example of what a godly mother looked like and now I know how important my role as Atticus' mom is. Thank you Mom!!

2 comments:

  1. wow! he looks so tiny in that bath tub! i need to call you this week and catch up! i don't want to interrupt a nap or anything.. if you are anything like i was with my first.. i slept whenever she did!!! glad to hear that atticus is sleeping better at night.. that helps so much.
    love you, talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa,
    He is soooo sweet!! We are so proud for you. You are so right, you are one of the most important people in his little life. We know you will show him the correct way. Goood work to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete